- Report Published -
|Report Document No. 86|
PUBLICATION YEAR 2013
|Review of the Recommendations of the Higher Education Advisory Committee|
|State Council of Higher Education for Virginia|
|§ 23-38.87:20 (C.)|
|The Higher Education Advisory Committee did not make recommendations to the Council of Higher Education, but the Council took the following action at its meeting on November 19, 2012:|
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia recommends that the Governor and the General Assembly permit institutions to use general tuition revenue for student financial aid under the following policy parameters:
1. In-state student tuition will not subsidize out-of-state students.
2. Students receiving this aid must be making satisfactory academic progress.
3. Awards made to students should be based primarily on financial need.
4. Institutions should make larger awards to students taking the number of credit hours necessary to complete a degree in a timely manner.
5. SCHEV and institutions should work cooperatively to refine and improve the reporting of this approach to providing financial aid.