- Report Published -
|Council on Virginia's Future Executive Summary 2007|
|Council on Virginia's Future|
|This document provides a brief introduction to the Council, its 2007 accomplishments, and the enhancements planned in 2008 for its three main focus areas: assessment, service performance, and productivity improvement. It also includes a brief description of the Council’s activities related to roadmap and special issues development.|
The Council on Virginia’s Future – which is comprised of state, business, and community leaders from across the state – was established by the 2003 Session of the General Assembly to advise Virginia’s leaders on the development and implementation of a roadmap for Virginia’s future. The Council is committed to improving the quality of life and the effectiveness of state government in Virginia.
The Council works to create these improvements by:
• Providing a long-term focus on high-priority issues;
• Creating an environment for improved policy and budget decision-making;
• Increasing government accountability and transparency;
• Improving government performance; and
• Engaging citizens in dialogue about Virginia’s future.
The entire Executive Summary may be viewed in the attached document.