- Report Published -
|Community Colleges, Commonwealth's Link to a 21st Century Quality Workforce|
|Chancellor and Community College System|
|HJR 416 (1991)|
|The VCCS As Change Agent|
Building a 21st century world-class workforce is vital to the Commonwealth of Virginia's economic future. Within the decade, Virginia will intensify its participation in the global marketplace; the state's ultimate success as a player on the world economic stage will depend on the ability of its citizens to adjust to rapidly changing job conditions. Therefore, access to education and training is essential to long-term economic growth in the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Community College System is uniquely positioned to lead workforce training and education efforts. Virginia's community colleges provide:
* A local and regional client base
* Financial and geographical accessibility
* A unified administrative system
* Coordinated curricula
* Lifelong-learning opportunities
* Programs targeted to meet the challenges of rapid technological, occupational, and demographic change.
The Virginia Community College System stands prepared to sustain its role as the Commonwealths vital link in 21st century workforce training and education.