|Page 162, strike lines 18 through 29 and insert:|
"U.1. Out of this appropriation, $7,980,358 each year from the general fund is designated for base operating support to increase the number of full-time faculty, support operations and maintenance of new facilities, and support increased library and technology costs.
2. Out of this appropriation, $6,885,550 each year from the general fund is designated to address the projected growth of in-state students.
3. Out of this appropriation, $3,875,663 each year from the general fund which shall be matched with a reallocation of $2,959,511 each year from current educational and general program funds is designated to achieve the goals of the six-year academic plan submitted by the Virginia Community College System in the fall 2011. The Virginia Community College System shall utilize these funds to strengthen existing associate degree programs especially in STEM-H areas and to improve the full-time faculty ratio to 45 percent.
4. Out of this appropriation, $500,000 each year from the general fund is designated for Northern Virginia Community College to implement the SySTEMic Solutions initiative which will enable expansion of dual enrollment courses with a STEM focus in all Northern Virginia school districts; opportunities to earn industry-aligned certifications; professional development opportunities for STEM teachers; part-time employment and internship opportunities for students in STEM programs; hands-on SOL-based science lesson at the elementary level with industry input and support, and; collaborative robotics programs between the community college and K-12 schools. It is expected that an equal amount of private funds will be generated as a match for the state support.
5. Out of this appropriation, $2,814,950 the second year from the general fund is designated to support faculty and classified salary increases under the process authorized in Item 468.10 of this act.
6. It is the intent of the General Assembly that 100 percent of the general funds contained in this amendment be allocated to the individual community colleges. As required in paragraph B of this item, the Virginia Community College System shall report to the Chairmen of the House Appropriations and Senate Finance Committees by July 1 of each year, on the allocation of these funds, as well as the allocation of all general and nongeneral funds contained in this item by individual community colleges for fiscal years 2013 and 2014".