- Report Published -
|Major Investment Study of New Bus, Rail and Highway Facilities Along the I-66 Corridor|
|Department of Rail and Public Transportation; Virginia Department of Transportation|
|SJR 355 (Regular Session, 1995)|
|This report presents the status of the I-66 corridor Major Investment Study (MIS) as of January 21, 1998. The purpose of the study is to identify and develop a consensus for the most appropriate investment strategy for the I-66 corridor between U.S. Route 15 in Prince William County, Virginia on the west and the Capital Beltway (I-495) in Fairfax County on the east that:|
• Responds to the existing imbalance between transportation supply and demand;
• Supports anticipated growth and development in the corridor;
• Integrates the multi-modal transportation systems in the corridor;
• Provides input to other transportation facilities and land use development decisions in the corridor; and
• Provides input to the on-going regional transportation planning process.
The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) are conducting the study in response to Senate Joint Resolutions 355 and 104 of the Virginia General Assembly.