- Report Published -
|Quarterly Report on the Status of the Implementation of Iinformation Technology Reform - October 1, 2005|
|Virginia Information Technologies Agency, CIO|
|Appropriation Act - Item 463 B.4. (Special Session I, 2004)|
|Information Technology Investment Board Highlights|
During this quarter, the IT Investment Board held an electronic meeting on August 10 and a special meeting on September 8. At the August meeting, the Board elected James F. McGuirk, II, chairman and The Honorable Eugene J. Huang vice-chairman for two-year terms. The Chairman announced the reappointment of Dr. Mary Guy Miller and welcomed new member Kenneth S. Johnson, Sr., founder of Johnson, Inc., who was appointed by Governor Warner on July 18. At the September meeting, Chairman McGuirk announced the resignation of Christopher G. Caine, effective September 1. The Board approved Committee assignments and set its schedule of meetings for the remainder of 2005 and for 2006.
Significant actions of the Board for this quarter are:
• Approved VITA to begin formal negotiations with both Infrastructure Public-Private Educational Facilities and Infrastructure Act (PPEA) proposal teams from IBM and Northrop Grumman on August 10.
• Submitted the 2005 "Recommended Technology Investment Projects" Report on September 1 to the Governor and General Assembly.
• Clarified their roles in the PPEA review process on September 8. The Board is the business owner of the Infrastructure track. The Board will approve major IT projects or procurements that arise from the Enterprise Applications track as it would any other major IT project in the portfolio.
• Directed the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Commonwealth to release redacted versions of the detailed Infrastructure PPEA proposals by September 12.
• Initiated the process for developing the four-year Commonwealth strategic plan for technology, to be released April 2006.
The Board will meet on October 18 and December 8. Meetings for 2006 have been moved from the second Wednesday to the second Thursday of every other month to increase attendance: